- Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Playtest overview.Posted 1 year ago
Shadowgate 2012 Kickstarter
Adventure games are something that seems to get more and more scarce, and even when they aren’t, the graphics are pretty outdated. Though now they are remaking Shadowgate for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, and they are looking for some help to get the games finished, check out the kickstarter here.
At time of writing this, they have over a thousand backers and are at $32,186 of $120,000 but still 29 days to go.
Shadowgate will contain many cool features and options:
- Rooms: More than 60 beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, spell book, mapping system and on-screen help to complete your quest
- Commands: Intuitive command-based UI allows you to interact extensively with the environments
- Storytelling: Features the same great storytelling you expect from a Shadowgate adventure
- Cinematic Score: A full, digitally-orchestrated soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas
- 8-bit Score: A second retro soundtrack featuring Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES composition
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animation bring each location to life
- Platforms: Supports Windows, Mac, iOS and Android tablets
Pledging just $15 will give you the Shadowgate game as a digital DRM-free download for PC or Mac, and of course the more you pledge the more you get. You can check out their video and the rest of their info on the kickstarter page.