Warhammer Fantasy Battle : Beastmen Army
New army for Warhammer Fantasy Battle players : Beastmen ! This old race, created by Chaos, eons ago, now strike from the darkest forests of the Old World to reclaim their blood-grounds from the other, younger races.
Warhammer Armies: Beastmen is a 96-page army book with new background, rules, units and special characters. As far as RpgZorg knows, this is the first time when Beastmen are a complety stand alone army (replaces Warhammer Armies: Beasts of Chaos)
Main unit types :
* Doombull and Gorebull : the mightiest leaders of the beastmen warherds.
* Bloodcallers and Fathers of Rage : they are unit-leaders with a blood-lust frenzy is so infectious that they pass it on to any unit they lead.
* Minotaurs : the toughest guys of the warherd. Strong and tough with multiple Attacks and some extra charging ability. RpgZorg opinion : one of the best units in WHFB
* Ungors : twisted, spiteful beasts. What they lack in horns and stature, they make up for in malevolence, bitterness and cunning. Equipped with short bows they become Ungor Raiders, skirmishing and scouting ahead of the main herd.
* Gors : these goat-headed folks are the backbone of the beastmen warherd. They form the bulk of any battleline, but their primal hunting instincts also mean that they can also flank, encirle and ambush the enemy during battle.
* Bestigors : they are the biggest warriors of the Gor-herd, marrying heavy armour with double-handed axes to mighty effect.
* Razorgors : these boar-like beasts are the bigger, angrier cousins of the Tuskgor. Not only can they be used in herds to batter heavily armoured opposition, when harnessed to a chariot they become a truly fearsome weapon.
Special characters :
* Malagor, the Dark Omen : also called as Crowfather, Despoiler of the Sacred, Harbinger of Disaster… In a world riven by superstition, portent and Signs, Malagor is one of the most feared of the Beastmen – a living image of doom, damnation and the End of the World. His unholy magic power grows and grows throughout the battle spreading fear among his enemies and increasing the battle-frenzy of his allies.
* Ghorros Warhoof : the Centigor champion. The fact that he is renowned – even among Centigors – for his violent, drunken rages, is a sobering fact, indeed.
* Khazrak One Eye
* Morghur, Master of Skulls
* Gorthor the Beast Lord
If you want to take a look at the new Beastmen in more detail, your local Hobby Centre should now have their Beastmen Black Box, containing a copy of Warhammer Armies: Beastmen, plus the new Gor and new Minotaur plastics sprues. RpgZorg suggest to try it 🙂